Apply for Rubber Licence
Enterprise Singapore (EnterpriseSG)
For Business Users only
This licence is only for business users with a registered Unique Entity Number (UEN).
For dealing in, treating and storing of natural rubber.
- Do I need to apply for this licence?
You will need to apply for this licence for the purposes of dealing, treating, storing, exporting, packing and manufacturing of natural rubber.
Under the Rubber Industry Act, a person who deals in, treat or store rubber, ship rubber for export, pack rubber for export or manufacture technically specified rubber must be a holder of a valid licence granted under this Act authorising him to do so or is a person employed by the holder of such a licence.
- What conditions do I need to fulfil?
- Applicant must be a business entity or company registered in Singapore with ACRA.
- Key directors should have professional expertise in the rubber trade.
- What supporting documents do I need to submit?
Applicants need NOT submit any supporting documents.
- How soon can my application be processed?
Upon receipt of the application, the Board will take up to 3 working days to process the application. However, any incomplete or incorrect submission may require longer time to process.
- How much does this licence cost and how long is it valid?
Types of Licences: Fees Payable (annual)
(a) Licence to deal in, treat and store rubber: S$600.00
(b) Licence to ship rubber for export: S$500.00
(c) Licence to pack rubber for export: S$500.00
(d) Licence to manufacture SSR: S$1,000.00
Each licence is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Who can I contact for further details?
For more information on rubber licence, please contact:
Tel: (65) 6898 1800
Please reach out to us at helloesg.
- What is the application process like?
You can submit the application form and the supporting documents, if required, via GoBusiness Licensing. As the applicant, you can either file personally or authorise a representative to apply on your behalf. Once payment is made, applicant will be notified status of their application within 3 working days.
- Can a company apply for more than one licence?
Yes. The licence to deal in, treat and store rubber is compulsory for all rubber traders. Applicant who is involved in other activities such as manufacturing, packing and shipping or rubber would be required to apply for the respective licences.
- What is the definition of rubber in this context?
"Rubber" means marketable rubber prepared from the leaves, bark or latex of any rubber plant, but does not include any manufactured article made wholly or partly of rubber.