Apply for Fumigator Licence
National Environment Agency (NEA)
For Individual Users only
This licence is only for individuals with no Unique Entity Number (UEN).
For individuals wishing to become licensed fumigators.
- Do I need to apply for this licence in order to carry out fumigation work?
In Singapore, fumigation by means of Methyl Bromide, Hydrogen Phosphide and/or Hydrogen Cyanide, is carried out by fumigators licensed by National Environment Agency (NEA). Every fumigation work in Singapore requires a fumigation permit from NEA.
- What are the requirements of a licensed fumigator?
The following are the requirements for application of a Fumigator Licence:
a) has undergone a continuous 18-month period of apprenticeship with an established fumigation company;
b) passes GCE `O' level;
c) produces a certificate of medical fitness;
d) adequately trained in first-aid; and e) passes a written and an oral examination jointly conducted by National Environment Agency (NEA) and Health Sciences Authority (HSA).
- What are the approved fumigants in Singapore?
Currently, Methyl Bromide, Hydrogen Phosphide and Hydrogen Cyanide are approved fumigants in Singapore.
- Can foreign fumigator licence being converted to Singapore fumigator licence?
No, foreign fumigator licence cannot be converted into Singapore fumigator licence. The person must comply with the requirements, sit for the examination conducted by NEA and pass the examination.
- How much does this licence cost and how long is it valid?
The Fumigator Licence costs S$170.00 per fumigant and is valid for one calendar year.
- What are the payment modes available to make payment for this licence? Applicants can make payment for licences through the following channels:
a) Paypal via GoBusiness Licensing Portal. In PayPal, applicants can make payment via credit card and PayPal wallet
b) AXS kiosks, e-Stations and m-Stations; and
c) NETS and Cash Card via NEA Port Health Office at 4545 Jalan Bukit Merah, Singapore 159466.
- When can I make payment?
You may make payment after the application is approved.
Licence Fees: $170 per fumigant
- Medical Report
Medical Report showing that applicant of Fumigator Licence is fit to carry out fumigation activities using BR/PH/CY
- First-Aider Certificate/ Notification of First-Aider course enrolment
- Highest Educational Qualification
- Front and back copies of NRIC/Employment Pass/S Pass/Work Permit/FIN
- Acknowledgement Letter from Port Health Office