IR3 - Licence to handle and transport radioactive materials
Apply for IR3 - Licence to handle and transport radioactive materials
National Environment Agency (NEA)
For Business Users only
This licence is only for business users with a registered Unique Entity Number (UEN).
- How do I pay for the licence fees?
Only e-Payment (e.g. VISA, MasterCard, and American Express), GIRO payment and Government e-invoicing will be accepted. Fees paid or submitted are non-refundable. For more information regarding payment method, please refer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- How do I change the mailing/billing address or point of contact(s) (e.g. name, contact number and e-mail address) associated with my radiation licences?
Through the "Customer Profile and Worker Management eService" on NEA ePortal, radiation protection licensees, radiation workers and radiation service customers will be able to create, view and update customer profiles (e.g. update contact person details). Organisations or individuals can update the details within their customer profile at any time at no cost. You are strongly encouraged to ensure that customer profile details are kept up-to-date. For more information, please refer to NEA's webpage on FAQs on New eServices.
- What are the requirements for the driver of vehicles transporting radioactive materials?
Drivers of vehicles transporting radioactive materials on Singapore roads are required to obtain a Hazardous Materials Transport Driver Permit (HTDP) issued by the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). Drivers must carry a valid permit whenever he/she is driving a vehicle transporting hazardous materials. For more information regarding the HTDP scheme, please refer to SCDF's webpage on Information of P&FM Transport Licence.
- I need more details about licence application. Where can I find it?
For more information, please prefer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- Who can I contact for further details?
For licensing enquiries, please contact the Radiation Protection and Nuclear Science Group (RPNSG) of the National Environment Agency (NEA) via NEA's Online Feedback Form or myENV app.
$155 per application
Perpetual (with recurring annual payment)
- The company must have a valid UEN.
- The company must comply with the Radiation Protection Act and its subsidiary Regulations.
- Applicants are required to submit a Transport Emergency Response Plan (TERP) as part of their application.
- NEA will inform the applicant if any additional information or documentation is required to support the application.