R1- Registration as a radiation worker
Apply for R1- Registration as a radiation worker
National Environment Agency (NEA)
For Individual Users only
This licence is only for individuals with no Unique Entity Number (UEN).
- How do I pay for the licence fees?
Only e-Payment (e.g. VISA, MasterCard and American Express), GIRO payment and Government e-invoicing will be accepted. Fees paid or submitted are non-refundable. For individuals using their organisation's GIRO reference number for payment, they must be authorised by their organisation to do so prior to making payment. For more information regarding payment method, please refer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- How do I change the mailing/billing address or personal information (e.g. contact number, email address) associated with my radiation licences?
Through the "Customer Profile and Worker Management eService" on NEA ePortal, radiation protection licensees, radiation workers and radiation service customers will be able to create, view and update customer profiles (e.g. update contact person details). Organisations or individuals can update the details within their customer profile at any time at no cost. You are strongly encouraged to ensure that customer profile details are kept up-to-date. For more information, please refer to NEA's webpage on FAQs on New eServices.
- Which clinic should I go to get the medical check-up done?
Please bring the medical form to a local medical clinic to arrange for medical examination. Please ensure that the doctor has indicated whether or not you are fit to engage in radiation work after the form is returned to you. You are advised to keep a copy of the medical examination certificate for your own reference. No other forms of documentation or certification will be accepted in place of the medical form unless otherwise informed by NEA. The form can be downloaded from NEA's ePortal > Radiation Safety > Miscellaneous Forms > Medical Certificate Form for R1 Applications.
For more information regarding examination required for R1 registration, please refer to NEA's webpage on Additional Licensing Information.
- What other things do I need to know about R1 registration?
Approved arrangements must be made for the assessment of the occupational exposure of workers. R1 certificate holders may wish to subscribe to NEA's dose monitoring services. Please submit all new service subscription applications on NEA ePortal. The service is chargeable at the rate of $15.75 per month (inclusive of GST).
- I need more details about licence application. Where can I find it?
For more information, please prefer to the NEA webpage on Guidelines for Licence Application.
- Who can I contact for further details?
For licensing enquiries, please contact the Radiation Protection and Nuclear Science Group (RPNSG) of the National Environment Agency (NEA) via NEA's Online Feedback Form or myENV app.
$105 per application
Perpetual (with recurring annual payment)
- To be eligible, the applicant must be a Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work visa.
- Medical examination is required when applying for a radiation worker registration or when re-applying for a lapsed certificate.
- The applicant / registrant must comply with the Radiation Protection Act and its subsidiary Regulations.
- The criteria for obtaining the registration would differ depending on the type of radiation work the applicant is intending to engage in. For more information, please refer to NEA's webpage on Additional Licensing Information.